• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fat burners that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatallyflawed

Bluelight Crew
Hello HL I have a dilemma/question.

I have been exercising regularly for a year (weight lifting and running afterwords for 20 minutes on a treadmill for 20 minutes) and I have a bit of flab that seems to love to hang around.

I do crunches and side lifts everyday as well and I do not take any other forms of supplements (creatine roids nothing) and I do not intake too much soda (no desserts or soda)

I was wondering if anyone knows of any effective fat burners out there?

Eating right and excersize is a really good fat burner.

Not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

No matter what you take, a pill will never burn fat FOR YOU.

If you take energy pills, that will ALLOW you to expend more energy than usual...thus burning more calories. That burns fat.

But lets think about it, you cant really go into a workout to just burn fat. You're going to work your body and expend energy and when you expend past your bodies daily caloric needs, then you'll start to build muscle.

That is, if you eat right in conjunction.

Eating right and excersize is a really good fat burner.

Not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

Like I said the workout part is not the problem

I lift weights (chest and tris, then bi and back, and shoulder, legs one day)
I run 20 minutes with hills (2 miles distance)
and ab workout after each session
3 days, one off, back to routine.

I eat one plate at each meal, not heaping portions.
2 snacks of veggies

thermogenics (fat burners that increase body temperature) help so long as your diet is in check. Reducing body fat is a function of calories in vs calories expended (negative number as you might guess).

Look up Nitor. Its made by a company called At Large (they also have excellent whey protein and creatine and microlactin products). They are a 'no-nonsense' company in a market full of BS and hype. Really good guys that are all powerlifters and competition bodybuilders.

No reason you shouldn't be supplementing with 5 grams of creatine a day also. Its very benign and well tolerated by the body (no toxicity or anything). You will gain some water weight with it but with that gain will come extra nutrients/electrolytes and better leverages (increased mass/peaks of your muscle will increase the leverage they exert ie increase your strength). Expect about 5 pounds of weight gain (which will be almost immediately muscular hypertrophy).

Also green tea helps a lot. Brew up like 4 or 5 cups in the morning and either ice it (if its summer) or thermos it if its winter (or whatever your preference). Drink these throughout the day, they will elevate body temperature and increase lipolysis (fat burning). If you get nitor though you won't really need this.

Sounds like you could also use a little more protein. Increase your protein intake (maybe with whey powder supplements) and decrease your carbohydrate intake (each extra gram of protein should equal minus one gram of carbohydrate to keep your levels constant).

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.